To highlight how the use and production of co-products and by-products in animal agriculture reduces waste and helps optimize environmental impact.
- Co-products and by-products play an essential and often overlooked role in producing nutrient-dense animal-source foods sustainably.
- Processing hides into leather is one of the oldest forms of recycling, transforming natural meat/dairy by-products that would otherwise go to waste into durable (yet biodegradable) real leather products for sustainable clothing, upholstery, and more.
- Anaerobic digestion supports farmers’ livelihoods, improves soil health, and provides sources of renewable energy.
Moderator: Steve Sothmann, President of the Leather and Hide Council of America
- Bob Lowe, Founder of Burnt Lake Ranch and Vice President of the Global Roundtable for Sustainable Beef
- Mauricio Bauer, Corporate Sustainability Officer JBS Brazil
- Brian Sievers, Founder of Sievers Family Farms and Board Vice-Chair American Biogas Council
- Verity Ulibarri, Owner of AVVA Farms and Co-Chair of Solutions from the Land